As India gets more globalize - and more complex, people are constantly seeking new answers for :-
How much has the country progressed?
How well is the economy doing?
The NIFTY is the platform on which India finds these answer. It is an indicator of all the major companies of the NSE and also represents NSE top stock.
" Nifty is a well diversified 50 stock index accounting for 22 sectors of the economy. It is used for a variety of purposes such as benchmarking fund portfolios, index based derivatives and index fund. it is owned and managed by India index service and product ltd(IISL) is a joint venture between NSE and CRISIL.
- The traded value for the last six months of all Nifty stocks is approximately 43.72% of the traded value of all stocks on the NSE.
- Nifty stocks represent about 55.78% of the total market capitalization as on June 29, 2007.
- Impact cost of the S&P CNX Nifty for a portfolio size of Rs.5 million is 0.08%
- S&P CNX Nifty is professionally maintained and is ideal for derivatives trading.
- But during the last correction in October, the Nifty declined by 11.3 per cent (open values to monthly lows), the NSE 500 lost 11.7 per cent and the Midcap 200 lost 11 per cent.
Nifty is a simplified tool, which help investors and ordinary people alike, understand what happen in the stock market and by extension, the economy .if the index performs well, it is a signal that companies in India are performing well and consequently that the contrary is doing well.
The Nifty index is based upon solid economic research and is internationally respected and recognized as a pioneering effort in providing simpler understanding of market complexities
The Nifty index is computed and disseminated by NSE, the 4th largest stock exchange in the world in terms of trades in the capital market.
Our objective is three-fold:
(a) to review applications of market indexes.
(b) to define desirable attributes of a market index, and
(c) to describe the ideas that went into the creation of the NSE-50 index.
TO Know About our Packages Click here
Click here for Indian stock market tips
09899056796 ( Only sms till 5 pm call after 5 pm )
For more details click here