Reliance industries is India’s largest private sector company, founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani (1932-2002), in 1966 with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration - in polyester, fiber intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production - to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain. Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fiber producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world in major petrochemical products.
"1 out of every 4 investors in India is a Reliance shareholder." and its total number of share holder are more than 3 million, making it one of the world's most widely held stock. Reliance Industries Ltd, subsequent to its split in January 2006 has continued to grow from strength to strength. Reliance companies have been among the best performing in the Indian stock market. A little up and down in the stock price of reliance make a big difference in the India stock market. The price action in the recent days has validated our earlier bullish view.
PRESENT CONDITION OF RELIANCE:
- Reliance turnover is of US $19.976 billion and profit of US $2.033 billion for the fiscal year ending in March 2006 making it India's first and only private sector Fortune 500 company.
- Reliance Communications, India's second-largest mobile firm, said on Tuesday its June quarter net profit more than doubled, beating forecasts, as it added more users in the world's fastest-growing mobile market.
- Reliance Petroleum is eyeing opportunities for multi-billion dollar investments in Alberta's oil sands, terming the province's resource the "energy of the future.
- The Scheme of amalgamation of the company with Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has been approved by the shareholders and creditors of both the companies and submitted to the Hon’ble High Court of judicature at Mumbai and Gujarat for sanction u/s 391 and 394 of the Companies Act, 1956.
Reliance petroleum limited (RPL) has achieved overall project progress of 65% - in just 19 months since commencement of the Project.
- International Refiner of the Year in 2005 at the 23rd Annual Hart’s World Refining and fuels Conference.
- Mukesh D. Ambani was chosen Telecom Man of the Year 2004 by Voice and Data magazine, September 2004.
- Mukesh D. Ambani was conferred the Asia Society Leadership Award by the Asia Society Washington, USA, May 2004
- 'Best Overall Company' at the Stevie Awards
- CII Award for Excellence in Energy Management Retail Concept of the year for Reliance Truck Stops- Images Retail Awards at India Retail Forum 2005
- Synthetic and Rayon Textiles Export Promotion Council (SRTEPC) awards for exports
TO Know About our Packages Click here
Click here for Indian stock market tips